Friday, January 9, 2015

Writing Challenge 2015


I keep trying to sit down and write this and there are just so many distractions - my kids (1, 2 and 3), the book I’m reading, the chores, etc.  Given the number of times I’ve tried to write this and become distracted by life, I might think that I wasn’t “meant” to write it at all.  That may be the case.  But I’ll only know after I’m done writing!

After an end-of-year retreat with one of my best friends, I decided to challenge myself.  Although I’m not one for resolutions, I am one for challenges.  As someone who has always dreamed of being  a “writer,” I am choosing to blog once a month for this year.

There you go.  Now it’s out there and now the challenge is real.

I don’t know yet what my perspective is and I can see myself studying my favorite bloggers for hints about style and message, but one thing I know is that I learn by doing.  So I’m just going to try! (Or as one of my favorite characters says, “To close my eyes, and leap!”)

I have always thought of myself as an open book.  In my interactions with others, I am as honest and as open as possible.  This challenge has really required that I ask myself, “Am I really as open as I think I am?”

I hope I know the answer.  One year from now, I will know for sure. 

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    This is very brave of you. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I look forward to more. Keep it up!
    Louisa

    ReplyDelete